Super Meat Boy (intro) Super Meat Boy (intro)

Great animation that really captures the game

I just bought this game. It's the Meat Boy formula of play, die, die again, die again and die some more, almost rage quit then win. Then say "one more level maybe"

And then 3 hours pass.

This animation captures the heart of the humor and fun that went into this fantastic game and if you're still on the fence about this game, don't be, it really is as good as the reviews say it is.

Dismissing it as a glorified flash game is like calling Castle Crashers a glorified flash game. You're technically right (maybe), but you'd be missing out on something great. Also: who doesn't want a Meat Boy shirt avatar prize?

Now that I've had my nerd-out on the game. This animation is actually really nice, funny, and deceptively simple.

Kudos on the great game Team Meat, can't wait to see more.

Awesome Reach Awesome Reach

Yeah that's how I've had it described too

As a man who owns an xbox 360 yet has never owned and probably never will own a Halo game (though to be fair, Reach is tempting), I really, REALLY, love this.

Great art and voice work as always too. I like these more bit size, funnier flashes too. Probably easier on you too. Everyone wins

Fire Fighter Benjamin Fire Fighter Benjamin

Absolutely made my day

I caught myself bobbing my head to the chorus by the end of it. Really fun.

Seeing as you got the audio already, how about a sequel starring a fire fighting bear?

RicePirate responds:

rofl, David (the song writer) wanted me to animate the second part, which if he okays it, I will, in which case, I plan to include Ben becoming a bear ... often :P

The Illusionist's Dream The Illusionist's Dream

10 for originality

I'm sure other games have done the transformation gimmick before, but I certainly haven't come across them. Absolutely loved it from an artistic and puzzle perspective. If you could expand on the puzzles that could be had with the Illusionist's magic and make the platforming a little more responsive and tighter (I found myself over jumping platforms occasionally) I could easily see this as a XBLA title that'd I'd pay for.

Kudos

I Hate This Game I Hate This Game

Once you figure the trick out its perfect

This game was fantastic once I figured it out, I'm docking points for lack of a proper tutorial of any sort but once you figure it out its sheer briliance

Seed of Destruction Seed of Destruction

An early choice for game of the year?

This is an interesting game, you didn't really put anything new into the gameplay, its basically a "survive by destroying your enemies" side scrolling game. But its a very well polished one. The mechanic of deflecting attacks with your tail is a nice touch that adds a load of entertainment to the gameplay. The music is catchy and adds to the whimsical and almost sing-song attitude of the game. The art is just stunning, its smooth and unique, not something you see often, particularly in a flash game. The cut scenes (for lack of a better word) between levels are funny, also well animated and add to the experience.

While this game may not push any new boundaries in gameplay it creates its own wonderfully fun niche with its art style and humor.

{dj-N} Nostalgia {dj-N} Nostalgia

The kinds of songs that got me into your music

Only One, Orchestral Angels, The Euphoria. That kind of music was just fantastic. I've been always looking to see what you make next and it feels great to hear a throw back to that old sort of progression you had in those songs. Truly fantastic stuff. Thanks. Keep on doing what you do and best of luck to the future.

Liquid Silver Liquid Silver

Very good ambiance

I like to browse Newgrounds for music for running tabletop games. This is exactly the kind of thing I see playing in a water filled dungeon or a sea side port town. Very relaxing with just an edge of feeling something is right around the corner. Really good, would work well in a flash game. Keep up the good work!

Periculous22 responds:

thank you for the review, boy would I love to get a song put into a game

Even Heroes Die Even Heroes Die

Fantastic stuff

So here's my story for this song.

I host a Dungeons and Dragons game with my buddies from time to time. One of my friend's characters held a mechanically triggered stone slab door open for the rest of the team while a mob of orcs/goblins was rushing in. Rather than slipping in with the rest of the party he instead held his ground against the horde so the team would have time before the monsters got through the door. He was screwed from the start and he knew it. I started playing this for the ensuing fight and I'll be darned if it wasn't the best last stand I've ever seen.

I would give only a 9 because this could've looped better, but given the circumstances it's worth the 10. Great job.

AlmostTechnicolor responds:

Sounds like a good time :) I love hearing how my music affects peoples' imaginations. Very encouraging. Thank you for sharing!

Zombie USB Zombie USB

Neat

Really creative and with really good detail. How'd you make these? I almost want to say it looks like sharpie but that would rub off and paint doesn't usually have that kind of gloss. Anyhow, great pieces, especially like the blood splatter on the metal bit.

davestudio responds:

Sharpies...a useful piece of art! If you take care of it, it wouldn't rub off...varnish is on :) (done on a mat USB keys so...it's fixed)

Thanks a lot! Here's the link to buy all 4 USB Zombies :)

Limbo Limbo

If only

The art is good and keeps the general style of the game while clearly showing your own art style. (SPOILERS) I love how the spider has only 5 legs, WHICH IT SHOULD.

The spider's face is absolutely priceless. I like the impaled body and the rock with twig puzzle in the background.

If I had to nitpick I would ask what kind of pants the guy with the spear is wearing, because he's either wearing them really low or there is a strange bit of fabric between both pants legs.

Great pic

Chickenlump responds:

In response to that first section, thank you for understanding the source material enough to formulate an opinion.

In repose to that second session, I am obliged of your attention to my quest for perfect detail.

In rendezvous to the third trimester, I must stress that Mr. Spear-chucker is, in fact, very gangsta, so those are his pants being worn at an unusually low threshold.

Een randyman 2 to the 4th power, I purple monkey dishwasher swazoo fusebox bulldozer.

Glow Sparks Glow Sparks

Very nice

Kinda reminds me of Geometry Wars, really fun to look at.
Question though: What program do you use for this kinda of stuff?

khote responds:

Thanks 4 review.
Of course I used Photoshop.